Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Travel Summary

Finally. It feels great to be back in Valencia, and even greater to have unlimited internet access and a normal food diet. However, the past three weeks of traveling have been an exciting, entertaining, and eye-opening experience. Our crazy week of Las Fallas was proceeded by 4 days of class, then: Semana Santa the week of March 29th, Spring Holiday the week of April 6th, and "Midterm" Week (although we had none) was this past week of April 11th. With all of this free time, Europe was just begging for a visit from me. I had to oblige. Having booked Ryanair tickets rapidly and impulsively, most plans weren't quite finalized until the last minute. So here is the timeline of what actually went down in my life:

March 26-29, Milan
March 29-31, Venice
April 1-2, Cinque Terre
April 2-3, Florence
April 3-5, Bologna
April 5, Valencia
April 6, Madrid
April 7, Tanger
April 8-10, Marrakech
April 10-11, Zagora/Sahara Desert
April 12, Madrid
April 13-15, Porto

My journey is depicted below.


View Spring Break 2010 in a larger map


Four countries and three weeks later, I returned with countless stories, thousands of photos, and incredible experience on traveling Europe/North Africa. I'll eventually get around to making dedicated posts to each country I visited but for now, my photos say it all: http://picasaweb.google.com/amy.j.zhou

The agenda for this week: despierta, levanta, y va a la playa!

No comments:

Post a Comment