Monday, June 6, 2011

Central America: The Next Adventure

As I revisit my blog since the days of my study abroad adventures, the exhilaration of moving about and traveling the unknown slowly returns. The next adventure, commencing approximately 48 hours from now, is a journey from Panama City to Guatemala City, a journey spanning 40 days, seven countries and countless cities.

And with the traveling plans comes, of course, the chaos of packing. This time, I thought, surely experience would have served me well. This time, I'll know exactly what to bring, exactly how much of it, and exactly how to pack it. How wrong of me to think that.

Anybody who has ever traveled for five weeks on a student budget might know the same. Packing really is  dependent on plenty of variables: wealth, leisure, accommodations, activities. Unfortunately, my case will be the lowest wealth, the highest liesure, the slightest accommodations, and the most adventurous activities.

A few packing considerations of mine have already been the traditional obsessions among pre-traveled backpackers. Already, months have been spent selecting the ideal backpack, researching the weather. stocking up on random wet-season items like water-proof jackets and fast-dry shoes. Personally, I had to consider the consequences of taking my DSLR over a point-and-shoot, of which I choose to face. Nevertheless, less than two days prior to my departure, I'm still wondering how the hell I'm going to fit all my stuff into this bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment