Sunday, July 10, 2011

Photo-Blog




 This is the view on top of Temple IV in Tikal. The central square can be seen, with temples I and II. This scene was also used in Episode 4 of Star Wars. 

The Mayan temples were a magnificent sight to see and climb. The site had only been discovered in the 90s, and many temples remain buried. Many of the steps, as the ones below, are in an unrestored condition and unsafe to climb.


And this, of course, is the scene from the movie (which I will be watching as soon as I get home).



Here in Lanquin will be our last stop before we head home. This small mountain town is full of local energy and beautiful mountains. The main attractions are caves and brightly colored pools. Tomorrow we will be doing some caving and some diving in the pools. Then, we´re off to Guate and finally back home.

1 comment: